WATCH ON THE WRISTNETHERLANDS
Watch On The Wrist is a collector from Holland who takes a keen interest in independent watch brands. His collection consists of some of the best fine watchmaking brands. He gives us an insight to what inspires his collection and what keeps him collecting.
– What is your name and/or the alias you would like to go by?
Watch On The Wrist
– What country are you based in?
– As a collector, what do you like to collect and what started your collection?
I like to collect all kind of independent brands (small indie brands)
The watch that started my horological journey 30+ years ago was a Baume & Mercier Linea. I still own this watch.
– Could you further explain why you collect?
I collect watches and pens because they are my passion. The watch bug hits me the most!!!
I just love the craftsmanship and passion from these watchmakers and IMHO (in my honest opinion) they are wrist art.
– Have you ever considered collecting something else other than what you already collect?
I did collect classic cars in the past but when you own 10+ cars it’s a lot of work to keep them in pristine condition. So I sold a lot of my car collection and I started to look more into watches then.
– As a collector, who would you say inspires you and why?
I follow my own path but I do like a few collectors who inspire me a lot such as Santa Laura, Steve Hallock, GaryG, Kusanagi_aoi, Shani.watch, Dapperdutchdude, etc (who are all on instagram)
– What’s your opinion on reselling items you have bought for your personal collection?
I sometimes do sell a watch (which isn’t often), but when a watch doesn’t put a smile on my face anymore then for me, it’s time to let it leave my collection.
– As a collector, have you inspired or convinced others to also start collecting?
Yes, my wife! (I wish I didn’t hahaha!). Lately, she has also gotten into watches.
You can also follow her collection on Instagram – @Herindependentstyle.
– And our final questions will be, will you ever stop collecting?
Never say never but up until now I love my collection and I enjoy meeting fellow collectors at events and GTGs (get togethers).