Kkevalll is a collector based in Hong Kong and is arguably the biggest collector of vintage Rolex watches. His collection consists of some of the most sought after heritage watches to ever be produced by Rolex. He shares with us his views on collecting vintage timepieces.
– What is your name and/or the alias you would like to go by?
– What country are you based in?
– As a collector, what do you like to collect and what started your collection?
Mostly vintage Rolex and Modern Patek Philippe watches.
– Could you further explain why you collect?
Those timepieces do not only tell times but are a sign of history! Each different piece is unique (I’m referring to vintage Rolex watches) with different dial condition or case condition. Some vintage Rolex pieces are polished while others are untouched (have never been polished). Some pieces come with the original bracelets, and some with leather straps. Others pieces retain their original dial colour while some age badly or to beautiful tropical dials. I collect for all of the reasons stated plus more.
– Have you ever considered collecting something else other than what you already collect?
I been collecting other watch brands such as Tudor, Omega, Blancpain but Vintage Rolex watches are just too highly addictive.
– What’s your opinion on reselling items you have bought for your personal collection?
I do resell my watches only when I want to upgrade to a higher model. Alternatively, I resell some of my duplicate pieces. I usually sell to other genuine collectors who really show a great interest in my pieces and have a high demand for quality timepieces.
– As a collector, have you inspired or convinced others to also start collecting?
Yes a lot! But for the hobby of collecting ROLEX especially Vintage pieces, they are the largest population of collectors among all so I don’t need to do much educating or promotion. They will learn naturally from people and media everyday.