Richard Mille RM052-01 Diamond Skull Tourbillon
Richard Mille RM 052-01 Diamond Skull Tourbillon
The RM 052-01 Skull features the skull as its key symbol. It is a fascinating creation from an artistic point of view, but even more so from a technical point of view. The baseplate has been crafted from grade5 titanium, a biocompatible, highly corrosion-resistant and remarkably rigid alloy, which enables the gear train to function effortlessly. The alloy is 90% titanium, 6% aluminium and 4% vanadium. This combination boosts the mechanical properties of the material even further, which explains why it is often used in the aerospace, aeronautics and car industries. The upper and lower jaws hold the jewel of the tourbillon carriage. The “Jolly Roger” comes to life thanks to the 4 bridges that link the movement to the case. The skeletonised baseplate and bridges have been subjected to comprehensive testing in order to optimise their resistance capacities.
This special RM052-01 piece is limited to 30 pieces however, 5 pieces were limited to the Asia boutique. You will notice that the red skull is covered in diamonds distinguishing it different to the other 25 piece pieces (without a diamond skull). This particular piece belongs to one of the selected 5 owners and were his piece with so much class. We’re still in such for the other 4 pieces!!!
– Movement dimensions: 32.80 mm x 30.90 mm
– Thickness: 6.87 mm
– Tourbillon diameter: 10.90 mm
– Balance wheel diameter: 9.12 mm
– Number of jewels: 19
– Balance wheel: Glucydur, 2 arms, 4 adjustment screws
– Moment of inertia: 11.50 mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
– Frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
– Balance spring: in ELINVAR by Nivarox®
– Shock protection: KIF ELASTOR by KE 160 B28
– Barrel arbor: in nickel-free Chronifer (DIN x 46 Cr13 + S), with the following characteristics: stainless,